Post-doc position: Carbon and greenhouse gas cycling in a tropical watershed: contribution of soil and vegetation organic matter and hydrology.
Aim: tracking carbon in all reservoirs in a tropical watershed (groundwater, rivers, sediments, soil and vegetation) in order to establish of carbon mass balance of the Nyong river basin
- Establishment of a fortnightly monitoring of greenhouse gases (CO2, CH4, N2O), particulate and dissolved organic matter (DOC and POC), total inorganic carbon (TIC) with project partners of IRGM/LAGE
- Determination of concentrations and d13C for GHG, POC, DOC and TIC
- Characterization of particulate OM in terrestrial reservoirs (vegetation and soils) and in riverine systems (SPM and sediment) by Rock-Eval pyrolysis et isotopic geochemistry
- Determination of vertical and horizontal carbon fluxes in the rivers of the Nyong watershed
- Determination of soil and vegetation carbon stocks together with colleagues from UMR AMAP (GIS, remote sensing)
- Establishment of the carbon mass balance in the watershed
This post-doctoral position will be held at the GET laboratory (Toulouse, France) and funded by IRD. The study is part of the M-Tropics observatory (Cameroon site) and the LMI DYCOFAC project. The project falls in the framework of the IRD PSIP Seq2C pluridisciplinary project. The position includes mobility in Cameroon (field trips) but also in France and Europe (Belgium, Switzerland).